GooGle

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Forever 21's "Oriental Girl" Necklace

People are getting way to worked up over things. 
For example this is what Forever 21 calls their "Oriental Girl" necklace.  I for one don't have a problem with this at all.  They probably used Oriental instead of Asian because that would have sparked a whole new controversy.  In my opinion Oriental is a better choice of word.  But seriously how is this offending its just the name of a necklace.  The family that owns Forever 21 is a Korean-American family, so they must not have had a problem with it!  I know J.C. Penny had a shirt for girls that said: "I'm too pretty to do my homework so my brother has to do it for me", yea I get how that is quite offending, but I seriously don't get how the name of a necklace is too.  True it could be sold for a little more than $1.50, but it's just a cute necklace.  I bet most people who own it don't even know what's it's called.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!